lumpy cloud

lumpy cloud

Monday, June 7, 2010

Ch. 1 The beginning in an ending (James)

James Wilson stood interigating a hystarcal blabbering witness.
"And then!" said the witness "and then... then the guy, the guy he just, he is dead I can't believe his head just popped off and the train was screeming..." to most people the witness wouldn't have made scense, to anyone but James. He had been doing this job for a while now so he was able to understand what they were trying to say.
"So the guy fell off the platform and was decapitated by the train?" he asked, the witness nodded. "Ok thank you for your help."
He crossed the police line surrounding the platform. The 'D' train was splattered with blood and the crying conductor sat being conforted by another officer. James walked up to the covered body laying on the tracks.
"Well Willson?" said officer Taverse "What did the witness say?"
"The guy fell," responded James. "The train cut off his head, pretty mush everything we already know. Do we have a corrinor yet to pick up the pieces?"
"Na, not yet. But they and the bio hazard clean up better get here soon, a lot of people are pissed that the 'D' train is closed."
"Yay, that crap always happens when we have to close something down." James said. He had been doing this job for five years, and the stuff he had seen was just mortifying. "I'm off duty in an hour, so I'll take the papper work back to the station."
"Ok Wilson, get a drink and go home after." Taverse handed him the papper work. James turned to leave and he saw a colorful skater shoe sticking out from the covered body which he realized was a kid.

At the station James was doing papper work at his desk when the chief came over.
"It was a kid" said James
"What?" said the Chief
"The body, in the subway, it was a kid."
"Oh..yay, Taverse called into have us notify the parents. He was 17." James sighed, it was just a kid. "The parents are coming so you better leave."
"You don't want me to stick around?"
"Na, you've had a long day. Go home."
"Ok Chief." on his way out of the station, James held the door for the sorrowful parents.
"This job is going to be the death of me" he thought.

He entered the elivator at his appartment building.
"Hold the door please" Lucia entered the elivator. "Hello, James"
"Hello" he replied. Eddie holding his little brother, Ralph's hand, entered the elivator and pushed the button for their floor Ralph looked up at James.
"Are you a cop?"
"Yes"
"YOU don't look like one"
"I don't?"
"No, cops have mustache."
"Ok, I guess I'll have to grow one then." he chuckeled. The elivator door opened and Eddie and Ralph got off. And James and Lucia continued up. Lucia sighed.
"Rough day?" he asked
"Yay, you?"
"I hate days at work"
"Me too, I need a new job. Hey James"
"Yes?"
"I never thanked you for what you did for Maggie"
"Yay it was no problem, I'm use to dealing with that stuff working for the metro."
"That must be hard for you." he didn't respond "Did you have to deal with someone today?"
"Unfortunitly it was a kid.."
"I'm sorry..."
"Me too..." the doors opened and they both got off. "Whats going on at your appartment?" Large boxes were surrounding the hallway out side of her apartment.
"Oh shit." she ran to the apartment door where Ms. Rockwell was overwelmed by box.
"I found you a new roommate" Ms. Rockwell said.
"Is she hiding in all these baxes then!?" she shoughted
"Lucia, relax She is a lovely gil." Lucia looked doughtful. Its either her or a man who is a six time convicted fellon."
"Go with the nice girl" said James walking up to them. "That way I don't have to deal with anything illegal."
"Fine" said Lucia "Where is she anyways?"
"She still has more stuff coming. James help us move the new girls stuff in, would you."
"Sure thing, Ms. Rockwell." re replied

Once finished helping them, James continued down the hallway to his apartment. There were no lights on and the curtains were all closed making the appartment darker than outside. He took off hes shoes and uniform, got a beer and sat on the coach in his underwear watching sports highlights. His cell phone buzzed
[Text from Mary Jane] He looked at and sighed, he still had not gotten used to his girl friend changing her name from Mary Ann to Mary Jane because she thought it made them look like a cuter couple He opened his phone.
[Text from Mary Jane; Call me, NOW!] he sighed and called her.
"James!" she sung in her shilled voice.
"hey... when did you change your name in my phone?"
"Yesterday, when you were sleeping." He didn't reply because it was just so typical of her. "Ok, so listen. I heard from Nina that the gil who's roommate like blew her brains out needed a new roommate."
"Yay I know, I just..."
"So I was going to apply," she interupted. "But I didn't because I like don't like mopy writers and I can always just move in with you. But ok so listen. Nina said that the mopy girl's new roommate is like the beloved weather girl on channel 5. I don't know why she would ever want to move into that dump, but so anyways I'm going to becoming over a lot to see if she can like get us into some like big parties. Ok bye." She hung up.
She was a social climber and he knew it. He couldn't remember why they were still together maybe it was because the sex was good.
He could hear the shouts of Eddie and Ralph's parents in the apartment below. He turned up the volume to try to drown out the sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment