The sunlight hit Lucia in the face. She gronded and rolled over. Her head was throbbing from a hang over. She got up and went into the kitchen. Sunny was in there making a feast of a breakfast.
"Good morning Lucia!"
"Who are you again?"
"Sunny," she giggled. "I made breakfast."
"You made a feast. How do you expect us to eat all this?"
"When ever I go for a run I always get really hungry."
"You woke up early just to go for a run?"
"Not really I got up at 8 and went for a hour long run."
"What time is it?"
"10:00. Oh and if we have extra food you can take some to that nice guy down the hall."
"Nice guy?"
"Tall, light skin, kinda muscular."
"James?"
"Yay, him, he brought you home last night. I think he likes you."
"What is this?" Lucia thought. "Sarority sister gossip time?" Lucia's phone buzzed on the table. Sunny stood there smiling at her as she answered it.
"Hello?"
"Lucia, What the fuck!" screamed the voice on the other end.
"Hi boss..."
"The response you wrote was bullshit. People are looking for meaning in their pathetic lives not a load of shit. I want you in my office tomorrow and I'm going to give you some insite about the news paper biz!" he hung up.
"Something wrong?" asked Sunny.
"I'm a jurnalist not a phyciatrist."
"Your a phyciatrist?"
"No, I write the Dear Abby section of the paper."
"Oh well have you ever tried being just a writer?"
"A writer?"
"Yay, you know write a stor. It can be fictional or about your life experience or even poety. You should try it."
"Well I got to try something I'm going to loose my job."
"Are you going to eat anything?"
"I'm going to take a shower."
She got in the shower and tried scubbing the smell of alcohol off. A bit of soap got in her eye, she reached out for a towel but slipped on the wet tiles. She reached out for something to keep her balance but grabbed the shower curtain which she pulled off the rings. She laid on the bathroom floor tangled in the curtain as the water was still running. The door swung open and Sunny rushed in.
"Lucia! Are you..." she slipped on the wet tiles and landed in front of Lucia, who wiped the soap from her eyes and saw Sunny sitting in the wet heap. They both looked at eachother and began laughing.
They both sat with their backs against the tub laughing. So why do you seem to be very energetic all the time, even on the news?" asked Lucia who was wearing the shower curtain as a toga.
"Well I'm very optimistic and people have always realided on me for good news."
"Really? How so?"
"Well I went into foster care when I was about 12. I thought that my life sucked then I realized that no matter what the sun is always going to shine. Which is what I always told the yonger kids. That there is always something to look forward to even if its rain. I know life sucks sometimes but you got to let go of the past and move on in life."
Sunny's words were like an epiphany to her. It had been over a year, and Maggie was a good friend but she had to move on in life. She couldn't just mope around, not pay rent and loose her job. She needed a fresh start.
"I think I'm going to try writing." she said.
"But first breakfast."
Lucia sat at her computer closed her eyes and the words just came to her.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment