"life sucks, the you die, so do something about it."
Lucia stood in front of her room mate's bedroom door, trying to convince her to come out.
"I hope Roger didn't upset Maggie." she thought. "After all he is the worst boyfriend possible. If he hurt her I'm going to call the police."
"Maggie" she said. "Please come out, we can talk about it. Please don't hide yourself away." Maggie didn't respond but the sounds of sobbing could be heard through the door. "I can make your favorite dinner, and you'll get over it Maggie. So please unlock the door."
"I'm sorry Luce" Maggie sobbed through the door.
"Maggie, what are you sorry about?" she tried to turn the doorknob. "Maggie unlock the door, please!" Lucia took a credit card and unlocks the door and stands in Maggie's doorway.
"You were a good friend" Maggie says sobbing, she holds a gun up to her head.
Lucia runs towards Maggie but its to late Maggie pulls the trigger.
Lucia sat up. It had been more than a dream, she had been reliving the event.She felt scared and alone. The sound of rain pounded against her be side window. There was a flash of lightning and the following thunder reminded her of the gun.
"Oh Maggie, why did you have to go?"
The next morning, Lucia was exiting her apartment when the elderly Mr. Crocker walks slowly by her.
"Why good morning Lucia" he says
"Good morning Mr. Crocker"
"And how are you this morning?"
"I'm fine thanks you"
"Awful storm last night"
"Yes it was. I'm sorry Mr. Crocker but I must be on my way."
"Ok, I understand you young folk are always running about."
"Alright, Mr. Crocker have a nice day and give your regards to you wife."
"Thank you I will... that is if she remembers who you are" he mumbled the last part.
Lucia sat in the landlady, Ms. Rockwell's office staring at the old decrepit women.
"I..I don't understand." Lucia said
"Lucia, your a good kid but even you admitted that you can't pay full rent."
"Yes.. I know..but.."
"I don't want to hear it, you and Maggie split the rent and now Maggie is gone so your either going to have to get a new apartment or a new roommate, which is it going to be." Ms. Rockwell gave a greasy smile that sent chills down Lucia's back.
"New roommate then" Lucia said. Maggie was the only person that she had ever really gotten along with and they had been best friends since they were five and the thought of replacing Maggie with a stranger was hard.
"I'll right then. I'll arrange for some interviews and who ever I hate the least will become your new roommate."
"All right then" she said reluctantly.
"Good now go to work or you really won't be able to pay rent." Lucia got up to leave.
"Ms. Rockwell.. will you at least let me have a say in my roommate?"
"Well knowing you Lucia you don't get along well with people, so I'll find someone that you might be able to get along with." Lucia just stood there staring at her feet, trying to make to make it look like she was interested in them instead of being saddened by the idea of replacing Maggie. "Lucia... I know what your thinking and I'm not trying to replace Maggie, I'm trying to help you maintain an apartment. Alright?"
"...Yes i understand" she mumbled "Thank you"
"Ok, now go to work"
Lucia left Ms. Rockwell's office, in the lobby of the apartment building, and headed to the news paper company or which she wrote the "Dear Abby" column.
She sat in her messy cubical, staring at the computer screen, unable to respond to the letter she was given. She read it over and over and could not think of anything to write back about.
"Dear Abby,
You don't know me, no one really does. But you like seem to know everything, so I'm asking you, How do I get known?
Signed Anonymous"
She stared at it. "What do you want me to say?" she thought. "besides that be fact that you have poor grammer." The IM popped on her computer.
[JackHammer66] Hey, How are you?
It was her friend Jack, so naturally she had to write back.
[LuciaSkeye] Hi Jack, I'm ok
[JackHammer66] Luc, tell me the truth, I know your missing Mags.
[LuciaSkeye] ...
Why did she have to Go? And I couldn't do anything to stop her.
[JackHammer66] I missed her too, but I don't think you could have done anything. She was depressed for a while, wasn't she?
[LuciaSkeye] ...yay, it started when Roger first hit her.
[JackHammer66] Didn't she call the police?
[LuciaSkeye] You know she would never she loved Roger, she just didn't love the way he treated her.
[JackHammer66] ...wow what a Fucking ASS!!! Don't you get involved with a dick like that, got that chicky?
[LuciaSkeye] You know I hate people Jack ;P
[JackHammer66] HaHaha true, I forgot how much you don't like people :D I remember when I introduced you to Humphrey.
[LuciaSkeye] Oh ya I forgot about that
[JackHammer66] Ha! well you were drunk
[LuciaSkeye] and he was giving me a hangover from talking to much.
[JackHammer66] you ductaped his mouth shut
[LuciaSkeye] it was worth it anyways, you aren't dating him any more
[JackHammer66] Hahaha true true so what are you up to?
[LuciaSkeye] work
[JackHammer66] you still in the field or do you have your own column?
[LuciaSkeye] Dear Abby...
[JackHammer66] ....! HAHAHA!!!!
[LuciaSkeye] its not funny...
[JackHammer66] Yes it is, you have to answer people's winny problems.
[LuciaSkeye] Ya read this one (attached: Dear Abby...Anonymous)
[JackHammer66] ... What the Fuck is wrong with this person?
[LuciaSkeye] If I knew i would be able to write a response I'm not good at talking to people like this. I mean who would write to a news paper anyways? We are a dying breed.
[JackHammer66] Ho did you ever manage to pay rent?
[LuciaSkeye] I split it with Maggie...
[JackHammer66] What are you going to do now?
[LuciaSkeye] Ms. Rockwell said she would find me a new roommate :(
[JackHammer66] ...! Dude that sucks. What are you going to do?
[LuciaSkeye] ..deal with it I guess
[JackHammer66] Ok Luc. I have to go now, I'll check in with you later.
[LuciaSkeye] Ok Jack, bye.
She logged off o IM and typed "How to get noticed?" into a search engin. 1,076,521 results popped up. Most of which were people asking help websites on how to get the person they like to notice them or how to become famous, none of which gave any answers. She scrolled down, still nothing, then she noticed an advirtisement : "Trying to get noticed? factsaboutlife.com has the answers to your questions about life, human instincts and needs." she clicked on it and was redirected to the website.
"Factsaboutlife.com where you might just find the answer to life it self" was written at the top of the page. She scrolled to "How to get noticed."
"How to get noticed:
Have you ever felt invisable, anonomous or unnoticed? Well your not alone, everyone in their life feels this way one time or another. It is human nature to want to be noticed. But to be noticed you should be yourself...."
"Blah blah blah" she thought "I wish I could just stick this in there but boss would kill me. I'll just write the damn response"
Dear Anonomous,
Fist off, I don't know everything I'm just a person. And second, if your trying to get noticed, using the name anonomous doesn't help you.
To be noticed try:
being yourself
being a good simaritan
being exstravigant.
Just please don't do anything illegal.
signed Abby
"... well this sucks"
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment