Lucia sat in her boss's office. She knew waht was next.
"Lucia, your fired."
"Figures," she thought.
"I'm sorry but you screwed up for the last time. I didn't even see it until we printed it. All I can say is What the Fuck Kid. You were good but now you just suck."
"I know, I understand."
"Good now get out of my office." So she left after flipping him off.
"Great now what am I going to do?" she thought on her way home, Her phone rang.
"Hello?"
"Hello, I'm calling from Facts about life.com on the job application that you submitted."
"Job application?"
"This is Lucia Flores-Garcia?"
"Yes."
"We recieved your resume and the sample writing you did about Viva la Vida," the piece that she had written yesterday. "And we would love to offer you to write a weekly column for our website."
"Really?"
"The position pays $ 10k a column." Lucia stood dumb founded, that was twice as much as she got for writing the Dear Abby section.
"Do I have to come to an office or something?"
"No, you can work from your house, your pay checks will be sent to your house and we will email you for work."
"OK, thank you so much."
"We look forward to your columns," they hung up. Lucia dialed Sunny's cell.
"Hi Lucia, What's up?"
"Did you send my resume to facts about life.com?"
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment